You are here
In May 2014, a medical clinic in a remote community was officially closed down because of a physician shortage. Two months later, the clinic was re-opened as a result of a partnership between Livecare and the city municipality.
- Physician recruitment and retention was poor due to the remote nature of the facility.
- Patients had poor access to specialists and allied healthcare.
- ConnectCart placed at the clinic.
- Physicians were recruited.
- Provided immediate access to specialists.
- Provided a community in crisis, with no physician services, with immediate access to primary care.
- Unprecedented timely access to specialists and allied health care.
- Establishment of a primary care service delivery model that values continuity and stable relationships over time.
- A cost-effective full-service clinic offering primary care, specialist and allied health services for the community.